Getting The Best Out of Your Massage
- Don’t eat just before a massage session.
- Don’t drink alcohol before a massage session. In fact, it’s best to avoid alcohol entirely for 24 hours before your massage.
- Do book your massage session in advance so you won’t be disappointed if the centre is full. To full enjoy your massage session, arrive early for your session so you can rest and relax before the massage.
- If possible, don’t wear jewellery. Massage is never comfortable if you are wearing rings, bracelets or necklaces.
- If you are uncomfortable removing all your clothing, discuss this with the massage therapist.
- During the session, inform the massage therapist if you have feedback on the amount of pressure, speed of movement, room temperature, music volume, or lighting.
- Remember to breathe during the session. People often stop breathing when they feel anxious or a sensitive area is massaged.
- If you are dizzy or light headed after the massage, do not get off the massage table too fast.
- Drink extra water after a massage.If you are pregnant, prone to blood clots, have an infectious skin disease or open wound or just after surgery, we advise you not to undergo massage.
Read our FAQ for more massage tips and advice!